Sunday, November 30, 2014

Day 22: Priority Training Day, 100 Pull Ups with little rest


Today was a big step in the right direction.  Just as a review, I'm looking to complete 100 pull ups straight without any rest in the next 100 days.  I'm at the beginning of my fourth week of training toward my goal of 100 pull ups straight.  

My training has focused primarily on the pull up grips that are outward-angled inside grips on the pull up station.  This calls for more work on my biceps and since I'm pretty strong in my biceps area, I felt this was a great place to start so I could slowly transition to the harder parallel grip for the traditional pull ups.  My pull ups are completely dead-weighted, being that I do NOT use any of my lower body for momentum (also known as "kipping up", often seen in crossfit training) to propel myself into the top position of the pull up movement.  

I warmed up on the treadmill for 10 minutes at a consistent pace of 3.5mph at 6.5% incline.  Fully warmed up, I got into position with the intent to crank the goal of completing all 100 pull ups in as quick a time as possible.  Success!


I was a bit ambitious on my last attempt
The pull up station used
 I completed the 102 pull ups in 11 minutes 45 seconds.  Woo!  That's a record.  On my first attempt, I cranked out 20 pull ups straight!  That was a rush.   I literally came down and felt a runner's high from doing it.  Amazing!  

I wrapped up my workout after that with a cool down on the treadmill and headed out.  I'd like to conserve my energy for tomorrow's upper body routine.  The workout will be involving more pulls so I'd like to make sure that I'm rested up.  

If you haven't had a chance yet, click on this link http://amzn.com/B00KYV2MA6 to get a FREE copy of my first publication "Unlock Your Greater Life" on Kindle.  You will find some of my methodology and programming highlighted in the book (chapter on pulls).  If you do order a copy, please be sure to post a review.  This free offer expires after December 1, 2014.  Amazon will not allow for too many freebie days with this book.   Pass on the savings to your friends and family.  In the meantime, I'll see you tomorrow!

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment