Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 11: Secondary Priority Pull Day

Ever have one of those days that you wake up with so much energy and vitality that you are unstoppable?  Ya feel near indestructible?  I did today.

After about 8 hours sleep (thanks to the wake up call from some automated telemarketing call), I came bounding out of bed and ready to throw down my BCAAs, a pre-workout and head out for some morning cardio.  Woo!  Man, I was lit up.  I hit the elliptical for 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes on the recumbent bike.  After that I focused on loosening my tight legs (from heavy leg training last night) and profusely sweating (of course, this last part was completely autonomic).

So, today's secondary priority pull training was focused on 15 minutes of a quick hit and split that I could use to build toward my goal of 100 pull ups straight by day 100.  I busted out the TRX Suspension Trainer at my gym!  Love that thing, it's simplicity is genius and if you don't have the tool at your disposal, I highly recommend it for your next big investment.  Some generic versions are on the market, so do your research and I'm sure you will find something that fits your budget.

Exercise:  Inverted Rows on the TRX
Time:  15 minutes
Purpose:  Crank out as many reps in the time allotted
Goal:  200 reps
Actual outcome:  155 reps

I shot for 200, so I focused on pumping out 20 at a time with only 1 minutes rest.  The further into the time I went, the more fatigued I became.  After a bit, I was fighting for 12-15 repetitions at a time.  I'd just rest a moment, then pump out the remainder of the 20 reps left in that set.  Then, I'd set my 1 minute rest.  I'm very happy with the outcome, though I will be trying to best this record sometime in the next 80 days.  Stay tuned!

In the meantime, get lit, be fit and stay strong!




-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey


You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment