Thursday, November 27, 2014

Day 19: Off Day...Overtraining

I'm posting this a day late as I normally type up my full report the day of and release it the next day at noon.  Life sometimes gets in the way and certain priorities gain a bit more attention than others.  'Tis life and I'm not sharing a complaint; more so the circumstances.

Speaking of circumstances, I started my day off with my usual morning cardio and stretch.  This is a routine I adopted about a month ago and I LOVE doing this every day now.  My mind is a bit more focused throughout the day, I feel super charged and full of vitality.  I highly recommend doing cardio and stretching immediately after waking.  Some people call this "fasted cardio" since no breakfast is consumed, but I don't like to push my body to eating it's own muscle tissue for sustenance.  So, I throw back a serving of Catalyst (great for recovery and nourishment for the muscle tissue), 16 ounces of a Spark and Rehydrate mix (energy and electrolyte support) and prep another 16 ounces of Rehydrate and BioCharge (electrolyte and more recovery/muscle nourishment) for during my workout.  After my morning routine, I slug back another 16 ounces of water and a light vegan protein shake.  Good stuff!

As the day progressed though, I found my attention drawn away from the gym and more on my ever-growing pile of projects.  In the back of my mind, I'm thinking about hitting the gym late to get a good secondary pull routine in, but it never came.  The further I went into my day the more I started to notice a nagging symptom in my back.  I either was overtrained or dehydrated, because my left (lat) back muscle kept twitching.  Annoying to say the least.  I dealt with it and when I really thought about it, I drank a ton more water.  I decided today may be a good day for time off.

Listen to your body, folks.  It'll never tell you wrong.

-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment