Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 6: Back in Business

Well, I was right, my body and mind needed a bit of a respite from the gym and was much in need of a great night's rest.  Therein lies the problem of having so much on my plate that is so great and has so much to be excited for that I don't get enough sleep.

Today was a priority leg training day.  Go to this link to see the post on December 7th, 2014 for what I did and how effective it was.  Whew, it was a doozy, but well worth it.  No chicken legs for this man, thank you.

After an hour of leg priority training, I switched gears and jumped into some isometric pull exercises.  My theory behind this type of training is to develop sustained endurance, so that if I feel I'm dying out on a set of pull ups, I can literally hold a position, recover and continue on without incident.  This type of training gets the heartrate up and pumps the back and bis full of some nutrient rich blood.  I love that side effect, 'cause ain't gonna lie...big back equals awesome as hell!

Time:  15 minutes
Equipment:  Lat Pulldown (see pics)
Method:  Hold in fully flexed position for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds (repeat x15)
Set 1-3:  190lbs
Set 4-6:  175lbs.
Set 7:  160lbs.
Set 8:  145lbs.
Set 9:  130lbs.
Set 10:  115lbs.  








-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment