Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 7: 1 week close

This concludes my first week into my 100 day journey toward completing 100 pull ups straight without rest and I'm pretty excited about the steps I've taken so far to insure victory.  Tomorrow will be the true test to see if I have made some gains in the endurance aspect.  I'm going to shoot for an abbreviated version of day 1's routine since I will be making it 30 minutes, but trying to break 200 in that time period.  It's a bit ambitious, but I'm feeling pretty rested up today.

All I focused on today was 30 minutes of cardio (10 minutes each on the treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike) and some isometric pull holds.  I grabbed a seated position on the ground with my legs crossed and put the cable pulley just slightly out of reach overhead.  I grasped the handle with one hand, elbow in front of the shoulder bent at a right angle.   Each hold was for 30 seconds and I would switch off quickly between arms.  After doing one set, I switched the pin select to a different weight.  Read below:

Weight
Time
32.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
37.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
42.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
47.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
52.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
57.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
62.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
67.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
57.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
62.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
52.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
57.5
30 seconds hold on each arm
47.5
30 seconds hold on each arm

The colors are indicative of the effort.  I was shaking pretty good by 57.5 and when I reached the max at 67.5, I was shaking and burning like crazy.  This seemed like an easy enough concept at first, but the longer I went into it, the more I discovered that it was challenging half way through my 15 minute routine.  

Join me tomorrow for an update on the start of week 2 in my journey to 100 pull ups!

-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment