Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 13: Iso-pull Workout

I stayed up a little late last night and am feeling the ill effects today.  Not that I was entirely dead to the world, but I wasn't my normal 110%.

Today, I started out with my fasted cardio (compliments of some great BCAAs, of course) and got into some deep stretches immediately after.  Since I wasn't 100%, I decided to hold off on my workout and see if I could summon the energy...that never came.  Oh, well, gotta get it done, so that is what I shot for today.

Threw back my pre-workout drink and headed up for an hour of leg training followed by my iso-pull routine.  I was rather encouraged by how well I handled it today and didn't really die out on the intervals until the last 3 sets.

Equipment:  Assisted Pull-up bars (no assistance used)
Time: 15 minutes
Intervals:  30 seconds rest, 30 seconds hold
I would rotate out on grips with each set (see attached picture).  I started with the outward-angled inside grip, next set was the inward-angled mid-grip and last was the outside grips.  The stinkin' grips on the outside handles were loose, so that was a bit of a challenge in holding on, but I did my best and was happy that I showed better results than last week's iso-pull routine.

Tomorrow will be a day off, so that I can really crank out the hits on the pull ups at the beginning of week 3 (day 15).  I'll still post my thoughts tomorrow and possibly share some stretch tips.

Get lit, be fit, stay strong!


-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment