Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 1: Setup & start

November 8, 2014   (finish date February 16, 2015)

Today I begin the journey to achieving 100 pull-ups straight without rest.  I currently can squeeze out about 10-15 pull ups without rest, but tend to tire out about 8-9 repetitions into performing the pull ups.

Form:
1)  Zero momentum, so that means no kipping up or using my body to thrust myself into position.  I'll leave that type of form to the hardcore crossfit enthusiasts.
2)  My legs dangle directly below me at all times
3)  I start with my arms completely extended over my head and my shoulder blades pinched back
4)  I stop when I have pulled myself up where my chin is above the pulling surface
5)  I exhale with every pull and inhale as I release the pull toward the ground

Every day I will be performing a movement that compliments my goal of increasing my strength endurance in pull ups.  So, I'll vary grip, pace, number of repetitions and intensity.  Other movements that are modifications or assist in gaining ground on my way to 100 pull ups will be implemented.  Stay tuned!
--------------------
Warm-up - Treadmill - 5.0% incline @ 3.5mph for 10min.

Pull-ups for 1 hour
Narrow grip
Complete maximum amount of pull ups without breaking form then rest for 2 minutes
Total count:  175
175 repetitions completed in 1 hour

Post workout
-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey, LLC


















You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment