Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day 3

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 3 days in, 97 left to go

Today was a push priority day, so I spent about 50 minutes on warm-up and push exercises.  I try not to go to heavy in volume and just go for good form and technique.  I swell up quicker in my upper body than my lower body, so I am cautious about overdoing the upper especially with this 100 pull ups goal. I'd rather get great at that than the push element.  So, maintenance work in my pushes is my primary goal on these days.  Put in the work with push movements, get a good pump, have the heart work a little, breathe heavy, sweat heavier and feel good.  It's important to know where your weakness is in the gym and attack it.  Beyond this 100 day stretch, I will re-evaluate and put more emphasis on a leg-driven goal.  For now...

Warm-up - Treadmill - 10 minutes - 5.0% incline @ 3.5mph - increase incline 1.0% every minute, kick it up to 15.0% at 9 minutes.  And, 40 minutes on push exercises.

(push workout will be posted on November 23rd, 2014 at this link)


Assisted Pull up Machine
Inside Grips
Single Arm Pull up w/ 115lb. assist
5 reps each arm for 8 sets, completing both sides for a full set
1 minute rest between sets
Total time:  16 minutes

Whew, this was easy enough at first, but it became a bit more challenging as I progressed.  My right side was becoming a bit tight and more fatigued than my left.  I guess this is no surprise seeing as how I am left-handed.  I'm very happy with my efforts thus far.  Tomorrow will be another priority pull up day.  Say a prayer for me!  Haha

-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment