Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 2

I woke up with mild soreness in my lats/mid-back and quite a bit of soreness in my abs & obliques.  One of my favorite parts about chasing after a goal is the additional benefits that come along with going on the journey to the goal.  If I get better, more firm abdominals in the process, then I'm a happy man.

Today, I focused on something that'd be a bit lower intensity than yesterday AND workout my normally scheduled program.  Today was leg day and I knew I did not want to take anything away from gaining some size on my chicken legs.  Despite my goal of getting to 100 pull ups in 100 days, I still want to prioritize my workouts to gaining size on my legs.  It's just essential, otherwise, I'm going to look top heavy and a bit of a joke in my line of work as a fitness consultant.

So today went like so:

Warm-up:  10 minutes on the stepmill - start at speed 5 and increase 1 notch every 2 minutes.
Leg workout for 35 minutes

Complimenting pull movement of the day:
Inverted rows (on the smith machine)
10 repetitions at the top of every minute for 17 minutes
Fast, wide grip
Total repetitions in 17 minutes:  170 repetitions

See you in 1 day!
-Dale L. Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment