Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Day 18: Off Day

Today was a refreshing change from the usual.  I took it easy on the back and focused a bit more on pull movements relative to my rear delts, lateral delts and traps.  Just when I thought I had more in me, my energy began to wane, so I opted to finish up at the 1 hour mark (or so).

Going into the workout, I thought I would test my best in pull ups and see how many I could complete without rest.  I warmed up on the treadmill for 10 minutes, starting at 6.0% incline and 3.5mph.  Increasing the incline by 1.0% every 1 minute, so I was fully warmed before jumping into my routine.

I approached the assisted pull up machine (though not to use the assist) and cranked out 18 pull ups without rest on the angled-out inside grips.  Though I'm not setting records and am far from what I was able to do a number of years ago, this is a HUGE step in the right direction.  Considering that when I began this journey about 3 weeks ago, I was able to crank out 10 with maximum effort.

As the days progress I will put myself to the test a bit more often as my ultimate goal will require 100 pull ups without rest.

Stay tuned!  Hit me up tomorrow!

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey, LLC

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment