Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 15: Priority Training Day

I sprinted into this workout like a madman!  Very happy with my efforts and I even had my cardio this morning.  It helps that my nutrition and rest have been right on target and I have been supplementing extra BCAAs and protein to maximize the most out of my down time for recovery.

 

Today was a simple plan -
Time: 30 minutes
Exercise:  Pull ups
Grip:  Angled-out inside grips
-Squeeze off 7 reps then rest 1 minute.
Total completed: 182 reps

In theory, I was thinking I'd accomplish about 210 reps by the end of the workout...wrong!  I forgot about the time it would take to start/stop the timer and how long it'd take me to rep out.  So, as time passed by and my realization that my math was off, I decided to cut my rest time since I felt like I still had more in me after 7 reps.

This proved to be an awesome theory, so I repped out 5, then rested for 30 seconds.  I will be using this next week to break my 200 pull ups in under 30 minutes.

My biggest success:  100 reps in 16 minutes and 50 seconds.  Wow!  This is huge considering last week I had that in 19 minutes!  Big gain!

Tomorrow, I'm going to take another off day, so that the day after next I can focus on some single arm pulls.  See ya tomorrow on an update.

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey, LLC

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment