Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Days 51, 52 & 53: Off, Massage Therapy & Secondary Priority Training Day

By Dale L Roberts (One Jacked Monkey, LLC)
December 31, 2014

     Days 51 and 52 were my off days for pull up training and boy was I ever glad to have a massage appointment on day 52.  She literally grabbed large knots and my back and made me just about cry.  Thank goodness, after the massage session, I headed to my chiropractor and got an adjustment.
     I have had spinal issues for a number of years, so when I began having difficulty sleeping on my sides (my comfort zone) I knew I had to go back to see my chiropractor.  After a mild massage warm up, my doc came in and ZIP!  Done, I slept like a baby.
     Day 53 was secondary priority training day and I used the assisted pull up machine set at -90 pounds (a decrease of 5 pounds since the week before) and performed 100 repetitions.  The big victory came in that I boldly moved my grip to the outer grips.  It was smooth sailing up until I hit 50 repetitions.  Then my body started screaming with every repetition thereafter, but I dug down deep and mustered up the strength to get to 100 reps.
     After that I hit some push movements to finish out my workout.  Great times!  My off day will be a bit of cardio and leg training.  Hit me back in 2 days for the update.

  Stay tuned every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday to 100daysto100pullups.blogspot.com for updates on my progress.  Please remember to subscribe to this blog, voice your comments and share with your mother, your brother or anybody or another.  

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

Follow me at

No comments:

Post a Comment