Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day 32: Secondary Priority Training Day - Endurance Pulldowns



Today was a quick hit-and-split routine.

Time:  15 minutes (with little to no rest)
Equipment:  Lat pulldown pin select machine
Weight:  100 pounds
Pull and hold:  20 seconds
Release:  10 seconds

I burned out a few times and amazingly it was my forearms that felt it worst.  My back muscles and biceps were pumped but not at all exhausted from the endurance-based exercises.

Tomorrow I'm going to hit a variety push and pull exercises to tax the shoulders.  If my back and biceps are not sore, I'll probably shoot for a personal best test and see if I can shoot for 25 straight pull ups.  That'd bring me to 25% completion of my goal.

What kind of success have you had with pull ups?  What are your greatest challenges in performing pull ups for you?


-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment