Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 40 & 41: Rest & Low Intensity Priority Day


Day 40 started out (as most days) with some cardio and stretching.  I did about 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill and elliptical followed up with some deep stretching for 15 minutes.  Great day!

So, it's no doubt that I attacked day 40 with a ton of vigor and vitality.  I crushed another morning cardio & stretch session.  Then, as I normally do, I went to the gym late at night (it's always empty in the gym and I just love the solitude and serenity).  I warmed up on the treadmill on some extreme inclines then jumped right into a hit and split.

I used the assisted pull up machine at -100lbs. and performed 100 alternating single arm pull ups on the middle grips.  Okay, this was not too bad (as Tuesday's routine was), but I got in around about 60 repetitions and my arms and back were just lit up!  But, I loved it.  At about the last 10 reps, I resorted to bracing my biceps on each pull up, but no brace on the descent.  I love the pump after these quick routines.

Tomorrow will be a day off from pulls and a priority on legs and abs.  I'm gonna give it my all and anticipate a BIG step forward on Saturday (the beginning of week 7).  I anticipate at least 25 pull ups straight on my first attempt.  After my 100 pull ups (timed), I plan to hit my shoulders (side/rear delts & traps) with a minor emphasis on biceps.

What are you currently doing in your upper body routine?  What have you been successful at and what have been some setbacks?  Please comment and thanks for tuning in.

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment