Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 33: Push/Pull Day

Today I focused primarily on push movements complemented with some minor pull movements that will only further aid me in my ultimate goal of 100 pull ups.  With a little more than 70 days left to goal, I have plenty of wiggle room, but I still want to stay focused.  During that time, it's easy to get swept up in the goal of pull ups only, but I do NOT want to let the rest of my body go to waste.  

The agonist muscles (primary movers of an exercise) will take me to my goal, but if I let the rest of my body go weak or unkempt, then this can lead to an unfulfilled goal or worse yet disaster.  So, today I targeted the antagonist muscle (the opposition to my agonist muscles) to keep myself in peak condition all over.  

Here is the routine:
Warm up, 10 minutes, treadmill
EXERCISE
WEIGHT
SETS
REPS
Dips
-
3
15
Machine Reverse Flys
100/115/130-
3
15
Dumbbell Curl
15s/20s/25s
3
15
Smith Machine Flat Press
135/155/165-
3
15
Dumbbell Bent Reverse Flys
15s/25s/30s-
3
15
Alternating Plate Curls
25/35/35
3
30
Single Dumbbell Overhead Press
25/30/35
3
15
High Cable Reverse Flys
12.5
3
15
Isometric Curls (10 second hold)
-
3
15
Single Arm Pull Up
-
1
3 each
Cooldown, 10 minutes, treadmill

It was an exhausting workout since I gave myself NO rest between sets.  But, I felt great with my efforts and look forward to a day off.

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment