Friday, December 26, 2014

Day 47 & 48: Day off & Low Intensity Secondary Priority Day...another great day and video footage


Day 47 was an excellent day off with my day starting as it usually does with morning cardio and deep stretching.  In fact, I was ambitious and hit 30 minutes of cardio (10 minutes each on treadmill, elliptical & recumbent bike), then a relaxing 20 minute stretch session.  My stretch session was heavily focused on my tight lower body; primarily my hip flexors and hamstrings due to all the sitting I do at my office desk writing (these blogs and my books, but no complaints here, I love my work).

Day 48 was a fantastic low intensity secondary priority training day with work on the assisted pull up machine.  You will find the video attached above for the footage and accompanying commentary.   I placed the assist at 95 pounds and performed 100 alternating single arm pull ups.  This was tough and you may notice that my form begins to fail toward the end.  Oddly, I have had issues on my right side, but it was my left side that the range of motion begins to decrease as the exercise progresses.

I'm super thankful for my viewers on the YouTube channel suggesting a recording of a session.  This helped me evaluate my form and build on that for future sessions.  Though the exercise set was not impossible, I still accomplished it with only a few times that I braced my biceps on the pull up.

The day after tomorrow will be priority training day and I will shoot for as many bodyweight pull ups in a row as possible with the goal of completing 100 total in as little time as possible.  In the very near future I will have the priority training day recorded, since I don't have many people jumping at the "exciting" opportunity to record a pull up session (cough, cough).

I'll see you in a couple of days!

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey


You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment