Sunday, December 21, 2014

Day 42 & 43: "Off" Day & Priority Training Day


Day 42, I got up and immediately threw back some BCAAs and Spark to hit the gym for a brief cardio (15 minutes) session and stretch session (15 minutes).  I was feeling like a million bucks and and ready to destroy all my goals for the day.

So, (it goes without saying that) I decided to absolutely hit the gym with reckless abandon and my priority was legs.  Well...two hours later (not my normal amount of time!)...and on day 43 I got out of bed feeling wobbly and stiff-legged.  It was a great feeling, but...sadly I believe that it was my crux in my day 43 not working out to my advantage.

Day 43 was the beginning of week 7 in my 100 day challenge and I was feeling like a train ran over my legs and even my upper body was a bit sore from some of the weights I was grasping for the workout.  I'm proud of my efforts from day 42, but it was not directly helping my priority training day.

I re-routed my plans (originally set to perform as many pull ups without rest on the first attempt) to favor a more steady and consistent effort.  That plan proved to pay off (somewhat).

On the middle grips, I performed 10 reps for the first few sets (30 seconds rest between each attempt) and thereafter did about 5-6 pull ups with each subsequent attempt.  The 100 pull ups took me 12 minutes and 45 seconds to complete (see any similarities?).

Afterwards I did the following workout:
EXERCISE
WEIGHT
SETS
REPS
Bent Dumbbell Reverse Flys
15s/20s/25s
3
15
Smith Machine Bar Shrugs (rear0
135/185/205
3
15
Machine Reverse Flys
100/115/130
3
15
Single Cable Shrugs
62.5/72.5/77.5
3
15
Dumbbell Side Raises
15s/20s/25s
3
15
Seated Bent High Rows
20s/25s/30s
3
15
Warm up and cooldown are per usual;  10 minutes each.  

I'm looking forward to a Tuesday and Thursday workout with video updates on Wednesday and Friday (respectively).  Friday will be an "off'" day, so no more high intensity, no matter how much I feel the temptation.  The Tuesday/Thursday routines will be a lower intensity and quick routines.  This Thursday I will be recording the session and posting that for everyone to check out (sadly I don't have a camera crew and not too many people willing to follow me around).  

See you again on Wednesday with the updates.

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment