Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 49 & 50: Rest & Priority Training Day


Day 49 was an off day or rest day (if you will).  Make no mistake about it, the rest indicates taking time away from weight training, since I'm a big advocate for staying active EVERY day of the week.  I performed two sessions of 30 minutes cardio & 15 minutes upper body stretching.  As the day progressed, I felt my body begin to limber up and mentally prepared myself for the next day's onslaught.

Day 50 started out with 15 minutes cardio with 15 minutes of upper body stretching.  Later in the day I hit my priority training day.  On my first attempt at the pull ups (middle grips) I cranked out 26 repetitions straight and this is a new personal best in my journey so far.  After that I took a little extra time to rest between attempts at 2 minutes each.  I was then able to do a few more pull ups at about 15 repetitions per attempt.  I felt great!  This total routine took a little over 15 minutes.

Afterward I did 5 sets of 10 repetitions on the TRX inverted rows with ab exercises as active recovery.  Then, 5 sets of 10 repetitions on the machine lat pulldown (185 lbs.) with dumbbell biceps curls as active recovery (15s, 20s, 25s, 30s, 35s) for the same number of sets and reps.  Lastly, I performed squatted cable rows with the rope attachment at 37.5 lbs. for 100 repetitions. Woo!  I was done and feel great about the workout.

Catch you back in another couple days!

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment