Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 36: Priority Training Day


This marks the beginning of week 6 and my progress has hit a new challenge.
1)  I missed one day of logging somewhere in the past week
2)  Priority training day is always on Saturday
3)  Moving to middle grips is a bit more difficult than I anticipated
4)  Consistent rest at night has not been great, though I have had my full 7-8 hours.
5)  The right shoulder flares up from time to time, but stretching does help it immensely

My plan of action is this:
1)  Go to bed the same time every night, rise the same time every morning
2)  Get plenty of good complex carbohydrates on my priority training days
3)  Stretch more often between sessions to keep that right shoulder loosened
4)  Begin to mimic the number of repetitions in movements on secondary training days.  For example, I use the assisted pull up machine and crank out 100 on an easy setting.  Then, as time progresses, gradually take away the assist 5 pounds at a time.

Warm up and cooldown was on treadmill for 10 minute (per usual).

Today, I DID accomplish something and I certainly still look at it as a success.  I completed 100 pull ups on the middle grips in 12 minutes and 50 seconds.  My first attempt I was able to complete 20 pull ups straight without rest.  Thereafter, I cranked out about 10 a few times, then finished out with 5 pull ups at a time.  After that, I focused on these movements:

EXERCISE
WEIGHT
SETS
REPS
Single Dumbbell Upright Rows
50/60/70
3
15
Dumbbell Shrugs
50s/65s/65s
3
15
Dumbbell Side Raises
20s/25s/30s
3
15
Bent Single Dumbbell Shrugs
55/60/65
3
15 each
Cable Single Arm Side Raise
12.5/17.5/20
3
15 each
Smith Machine Rear Shrugs
135/155/175
3
15

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Did you really say you were going to slow down in your video? Is this the same person.... I did not think you knew how to do that. Anyhow, best of luck on this mission as I also am on a mission....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to check my ego from time to time and give myself an honest evaluation of where I'm at and how I need to improve to get the best results in my fitness journey of 100 days to 100 pull ups. This is a tough task in the undertaking and becomes increasingly apparent as the days close in on the deadline to 100 days. Please, share what mission you are on. How is it going in your mission? What can you do to improve your results? And, what is your strongest attribute in your fitness journey?

    ReplyDelete