Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 28 & 29: Rest then Priority Training Day

Day 28:
I felt it wasn't entirely necessary to devote a post to day of rest.  Please don't be confused though, I still get up to the gym on my off days to crank in some low intensity cardio and stretching.  Since my legs were particularly tight from my workout the day before, I mainly stretched my legs.


Day 29:
I am VERY happy with the progress I've made over the last 4 weeks.  My primary goal of performing 100 pull ups straight by day 100 is fast on it's way to fruition.  Last week, I did 102 pull ups in 11 minutes and 45 seconds.  This week, I performed 100 pull ups in 12 minute 30 seconds.  Though I have backslid on time, my performance out the gate has improved.  Last week, my first attempt was 20 pull ups, this week I was able to do 22 pull ups without rest.

I believe that if I get back on track with daily training protocol that I will see my time decrease and the number of pull ups per attempt increase.

My routine included a warm up on the treadmill, 100 pull ups in 12 minutes & 30 seconds then the following:
EXERCISE
SETS
REPS
WEIGHT
Cable Front Pulldowns with Rope Attachment
4
25
32.5/37.5/37.5/37.5
Dumbbell Curls
3
15
30s
DB Pullover
4
25
50/55/60/65
Cable Curls with Rope Attachment
3
15
37.5/42.5/47.5
Dumbbell Side Raises
2
25
10s
Single Dumbbell Shrugs - behind back & in front
2
15
50
After I was done I hit the treadmill for a 10 minute cooldown.

That's all for today.  I see you back here soon!

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment