Friday, January 2, 2015

Days 54 & 55: Rest and Flexibility Training Day

Day 54 was a day off from my pull workouts, but I did get into the gym for morning cardio and stretching then a later workout on my legs.  My back and shoulders were feeling a bit sore, so I really focused on primarily stretching my upper body.

Day 55 should have been my secondary priority training day for pull ups, but I was feeling REALLY sore in my shoulders.  So, I thought I would take it a bit easy.  I took the morning off and relaxed a bit.  A little later into the day I hit the gym for 15 minutes of cardio followed by 15 minutes of deep upper body stretches.  Sadly, my legs were tight, but my upper body was tighter.  I decided that the upper body deserved more of my attention.

Taking the day off was, in my mind, the best idea for a better priority training day on Saturday.  I believe that I will be able to push my personal best in pull ups to 30 repetitions.  We will see, so stay tuned.

-Dale L Roberts
One Jacked Monkey

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

Follow me at

No comments:

Post a Comment