Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 56 & 57: Off Day & Priority Training Day

Dale L Roberts (One Jacked Monkey, LLC)
January 4, 2015

     Day 56 was a day off from my pull training with just cardio and stretch training in the morning.  Admittedly I have some spinal issues stemming from my years in professional wrestling and I should have had surgery a number of years ago.  Thankfully, decompression therapy helped stave off surgery and ongoing exercises kept up my quality of life.  Every now and then my neck or low back will come rearing it's ugly head to let me know that I haven't been diligent enough on my corrective exercises and chiropractic maintenance.
     The issues I'm having are neck related as I'm having some left shoulder blade pain and discomfort sleeping.  All this to share that you should ALWAYS pay attention to your body and seek medical attention before an issue becomes a full-blown problem.  So, I'm back into see my favorite chiropractic clinic (InTouch Wellness in Phoenix) and I'm already feeling better after one treatment.  Now, I just have to stick with it and stay to the exercises I'm prescribed by the good doctor (Angelo Pissano, DC).  I'm super excited to get back in on Monday and continue treatment with them since I slept like a baby the first few nights after treatment this past Monday.
     Day 57 was priority training day and I felt like a million bucks.
     I performed 100 (inside grip) pull ups in 15 minutes (on the mark) with 30 pull ups straight on my first attempt followed by 15 repetitions for four attempts and 10 repetitions on the last attempt.  I'm not sure if it was the rest or the pre-workout (2 scoops of SuperPump Max Fruit Punch), but I was real happy with my efforts.  Then, I did the following:

-Assisted Pull Up Machine @ -100 lbs. for 100 repetitions - wide grip (this killed me)

-Machine Lat Pulldowns - drop set 5 lbs. @ 10 repetitions each set - start at 100 lbs.

-Single Cable Pulldowns with Rope Attachment - 32.5 lbs. @ 100 reps

Superset
-Cable Front Pulldowns with Rope Attachment - 4 sets @ 25 reps each set - 32.5/35/37.5/40
-Dumbbell Biceps Curl - 4 sets @ 25 reps each set - 15s

-Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs - dropset for 4 sets at 25 reps each - 135/115/95/75

Then, as per usual, I did a 10 minute cooldown on the treadmill (please remember that I always do a 10 minute warm-up/cooldown without exception).

     That's all I have for today!

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

Follow me at

No comments:

Post a Comment