Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 58, 59 & 60: Day Off, Chiropractic Care & Secondary Training Day

By Dale L Roberts (One Jacked Monkey, LLC)
January 7, 2015

It's funny every now and then I have to record and post the video the day after my workout because I hit it so hard that all I can think about is getting my shake in me, showering and hitting the sack.  I was whooped last night.  But, before I get to that, I'll give a brief overview of the days before day 60.

Day 58 was my day off and I focused on cardio, stretching (primarily upper body) and a great legs workout.  I was thankful that Day 59 was just cardio and stretching.  My body was beginning to feel a bit rundown and the old neck was giving me issues.  So, thankfully, day 60 I was already booked to see my chiropractor and get a much needed adjustment.  An instant fix and I could feel a ton of tension release from my left shoulder blade and neck area.

The neck adjustment was just the fix I was needing going into my day 60 workout.  I hit the treadmill for a great warm-up for 10 minutes and immediately attacked the assisted pull up machine.  Wide grips at -100 pounds for 100 repetitions came with...ease. I say that cautiously, because I don't want to jinx myself.  Next:

Superset 1:
Inverted rows 4 sets @ 25 reps
Dumbbell standing straight arm kickbacks (rear delts) 4 sets @ 25 reps (15s, 20s, 25s, 30s)
Superset 2:
Machine Lat Pulldowns 4 sets @ 25reps (130 pounds)
Machine Reverse Flys 4 sets @ 25 reps (85 pounds)
Superset 3:
Lateral/Rear Delt Cable Raise 4 sets @ 15 reps (17.5 pounds)
Dumbbell Zottman Curls 4 sets @ 25 reps (10s, 15s, 20s, 25s)
Set 4:
Assisted Pull Up Machine (inside grips) -100 pounds @ 50 reps

And, I was cashed in!  So, I hit the treadmill for 10 minutes then stretched for an additional 10 minutes right after.  I didn't want this workout to adversely affect my Saturday priority training day.

Catch me in 2 days!

You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program.  As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician.  The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein.  Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.

Follow me at

No comments:

Post a Comment